Are you team Apple Cider or team Pumpkin Spice?
Im 100% team Apple Cider – love my apples!
This recipe tastes just like apple pie sans the crust… This is perfect to eat by itself, on-top of ice cream, top it with whipped cream or yogurt, sprinkle with granola… The world is your oyster with this simple, HEALTHIER, Crockpot Cinnamon Apple recipe.
- 5 Apples ((I chose Fuji Apples)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp All Spice
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2-3 tbsp Arrowroot (or corn starch)
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash and slice apples – I used an apple slicer and then sliced them in half again.
- Put the apples in your crockpot. Drizzle the coconut oil on top, along with the water, spices and arrowroot (or corn starch for thickening). Combine and stir to make sure the apples are coated.
- I cooked on high for 2 hours – but you can also slow cook them for 4 hours.
- Serve warm & enjoy.
- Store in an airtight tupperware in your refrigerator.