Are you ready for the most SIMPLE chili recipe? All you have to do is throw everything in your slow cooker and press “start”.
We had a “cool front” come thru Austin (whatever that means) as it went from being 90* to 70* and in the spirit of Fall – I needed cozy comfort food. So I kicked it off with this healthy, vegetarian chili recipe.
- 30 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 15 oz can pinto beans (vegetarian), drained
- 15 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes, with green peppers
- 1 red & 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1½ cups corn kernels
- 2½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn a 5 quart slow cooker on high (for a smaller slow cooker, use about half this recipe). Add all the ingredients. Pour in veggie stocks. Stir gently to combine.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high, 7 on low (depending on your stock pot).
- Add salt to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with cilantro, green onion, cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream (skip sour cream and cheddar cheese for vegan version).